Stocks, Sports and everything else Headline Animator

Monday, January 5, 2009

Market Vectors Agribusiness ETF (Ticker MOO) Looks good to me

MOO is an etf of agriculture stocks , top holding acc. to yahoo are POTASh, DEERE,MOSIAC, AGRIUM etc, click here.
I like the chart a lot and also I think it has put in a "inverted head and shoulders pattern" , fancy name but great pattern. Click here to see it.
This pattern has a "neckline", which when broken after the pattern is completed , the underlying equity rallies . This is totally a technical pattern and so for a trade I am going to buy this tomorrow , depending on how it does.
From what I know , the rally after the neckline has been broken can go as far as the neckline - head difference , so in this case it would be approx. 30-20 = 10.
So that means 30 + 10 = 40.
So in my opinion MOO can rally to 40 if it breaks the neckline cleanly on good volume. I am going to risk just a little money, the risk/reward ratio is just great here.
Best would be if MOO consolidates a bit , meaning pulls back a bit on low volume to say 28 or 27.5
If it goes lower then I would think the pattern does not hold anymore. But the pullback might not come and it can break it tomorrow.
I usually do not buy anything in the first 30 minutes of trade. I am going to buy calls for Feb 09 for the MOO trade. Also this is all my chart analysis, I have been wrong , like any trader so be careful, tight stops and risk very little money.
I will cover more on Apple tonight.
Oh btw if you read the trade for USO in december, I sold my USO calls I bought for 1.25 today at 1.75. I had Jan 09 calls so did not want to wait more.
I will wait for USO to pull back before buying but it can keep rallying.
After I bought USO it went down quite a lot but that's why they call it risk/reward.
Lots of risk here. I could have bought it lower but then it might not have gone lower.
I did not buy more as that is something I have learnt the hard way that never double down, avoid price averaging .
Trading needs discipline more than anything , its very easy to get wiped out totally. Consistent returns is a great thing is you can get those, but for that one has to be very disciplined, that's how you avoid the huge wipe out losses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am into stocks, options, all kinda sports, Music, food, Spirituality etc.
Powered By Blogger