Stocks, Sports and everything else Headline Animator

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Trade updates

In my opinion the markets needs more work to the downside but tomorrow is the jobs data so there might be some volatility. I sold my HPQ puts just as HPQ fell pretty quick and volume decreased on the downside. I am a trader so I locked my gains,
still holding the QQQQ puts and looking to buy either MOO,DBA or USO calls.
But I am in no hurry.
This market rewards patience.
When looking at these markets a lots things are going on. If the jobs report comes very bad , then the US dollar goes down , in that case the commodities ( Oil, gold, soy,wheat etc. ) all can go up as a weaker dollar is good for coomodities.
But if this is interpreted as a bad for the world economy , which leads to deflation and therefore people start to hoard the US$, then it goes up and commodities fall.
Like many veteran market analysts say, " its not the news , its the reaction to the news that matter".
Stocks can be bid up if the number is around what is expected. i think some 500,000 jobs are expected to be lost, so unless we lose more than say 535-545K , no one will panic. Of course if they come in less then the markets will catch a bid and try to rally.
So tomorrows reaction to the number is important but overall the markets might have to go down more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am into stocks, options, all kinda sports, Music, food, Spirituality etc.
Powered By Blogger