Stocks, Sports and everything else Headline Animator

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Check this out from 1934

just saw this over at Barry's site,
http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2009/04/1934-chicago-tribune-cartoon/.
Its from 1934 and seems fit for these times. Whats that old saying? The more things change , the more they remain the same?
Mind you I am pretty neutral on this whole issue about should the govt. be doing what they are doing. When I had an opinion , my trades started getting affected, meaning I kept thinking that the markets will go lower due to whats happening , but they did not.
The markets do not go hand in hand with the economy, they usually recover before the economy. But this time this thing looks like a huge deal . I want to make as much money as possible.
If you look at the 1930's , which many compare to these times, there were many rallies 20% and more. So whatever economic state we are in , the markets do rally. So I will stick to what I can control , make money for myself via trading. I will keep an eye on the economy so that I know if the rally is a bear market rally or a real deal so I know when to sell.
But I will not get sucked into this economy going to 0 mindset which serves no purpose. Its pretty bad out there but we have seen other times like these and we will get out of this present situation someday, maybe not this year , maybe not next but someday.
Until then let the trend be your friend.
Markets are closed tomorrow which is just a great thing 3 day's no trying to figure out whats next with the markets, well not 3 days. Sunday evening I will check the futures.

I am reading this book, about creativity, cracking creativity ( click here to see it on amazon.com ). It seems nice and thats what I need , to look at things from a different prespective.

OK then over and out , I will try and start posting more non-market economic stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am into stocks, options, all kinda sports, Music, food, Spirituality etc.
Powered By Blogger