Stocks, Sports and everything else Headline Animator

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Markets close higher

The markets closed up but I think a lot of good news is already factored in. So when the news comes out , like setting up of a "bad bank" , then we go down . In fact if the news comes out and is not as expected or is delayed , the markets take a bigger hit.
Its not good to predict when they will turn or where , but looking at the indicators gives one an idea. Overbought can become more overbought and oversold can become more so. But looking at all the indicators and charts gives you set ups.
Example RIMM is hitting against a lot of resistance, the 100 day mvg. avg. , Previous highs etc. Also the stochastic shows its overbought. But in the case of APPL , its not overbought and has room to run, at least to 100.
So I got some RIMM puts . I have BRCM calls and tomorrow before the close I might get rid of them , as they report earnings and I usually do not keep them before earnings.
I like AMZN a lot and want to buy a few calls , far out of the money calls , as they report earnings. This will be the first time in a long while that I but a stock for its earnings.
I will but a very small position , so if it tanks I do not lose much and if it soars then I make a good profit. If it does not do much or just goes up a few %, then I stand to lose some money.
But the majority is bearish on AMZN and they are doing very well, their kindle is selling very well and their holiday sales were the best ever.
Plus the stocks has come down in recent days so its not overbought. The risk/reward ratio is good.
We shall see tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am into stocks, options, all kinda sports, Music, food, Spirituality etc.
Powered By Blogger