Stocks, Sports and everything else Headline Animator

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Some Sport

When I started the blog I thought I would discuss some sport regularly but the Economy is getting so interesting and there are so many things to consider like for example Deflation,Inflation , why the US$ went up and now why its falling so fast. Will Oil stay here or go higher ( or even lower) etc. etc. (not even bringing up he metals and tech here).
But the world of sports have been very very interesting. Here are my views:
Baseball, The yanks are doing what they do, but at least they are investing heavily into the team for the new ballpark. But I think the BoSox will have enough to again beat them but the team to beat is the Tampa Bay Rays. I keep hearing this great rotation they have with more than half a dozen great starting pitchers.
I think for many years the Yanks got a free ride with the AL East being just them and the sox. Now that other teams are finally getting better they're going to have to play hard.

The Phillies did great but lets see how the new team , if Burrel and other go somewhere else, looks like.
The Dodgers with Torre will be a good team. The Cubs need to prove a lot. The Mets, what about them? I see nothing great there.

I follow NHL too and look at the Sharks. I am a NJ fan and like the team , but the Pens and others are fun to watch. I really want either NJ or some small market team win , don't want the Wings to repeat, boring.

NFL , It is fun , i will root for the Giants but there is a lot of good defense. The Eagles might pull a few upsets now that no one expects anything from them.
I like Brett Favre, but the interceptions are really getting on my nerves now.Lets se if the Jets bring him back, else he might become a mercenary, going from team to team.

In NBA I would like to see the celtics win again but maybe Tim Duncan wants one more . The lakers of course look good . About Lebron I really do not think they can win the championship, Lebron is more interested in 2010 then anything it seems

Cricket( you know that game like baseball ) India looks good and so do South Africa. I especially enjoyed the thrashing Ricky Pointing and his boys got. Notice how I did not say Aussie in general. Thats coz I loved those guys , Waugh's and many others. But Pointing and co. are hot air imo .I do like some of em, but overall it gets boring when one team keeps winning all the time and its not your team right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am into stocks, options, all kinda sports, Music, food, Spirituality etc.
Powered By Blogger